What is Big Data?
February 28, 2012 Rob Klopp
Comments are closed.
- 43,025 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Database Computing is Supercomputing... Some external reading: May 2013
- Price/Performance of HANA, Exadata, Teradata, and Greenplum
- The Cost of Dollars per Terabyte
- Will Hadoop Eat Greenplum and Netezza?
- Greenplum and Teradata: Simliar Architecture, Different Strategies
- SQLFire, Exalytics, TimesTen, and HANA... a quick comparison
- My 2 Cents: Oracle Exadata 1Q2013
- HAWQ and Pivotal HD - Is it Hadoop?
- The Future of Hadoop and of Big Data DBMSs
- Exalytics vs. HANA: What are they thinking?
- Some Unaudited HANA Performance Numbers
- My 2 Cents: Netezza 1Q2013
- Thoughts on AWS Redshift...
- A Teradata Prediction Comes True... and Wondering About Netezza...
- My 4 Cents: Vertica and Paraccel 1Q2013
- The Teradata Myth of Query Concurrency
- Memory Trends and HANA
- Cloud Computing and Data Warehousing: Part 3 - ParAccel on EC2
- HAWQ Performance Marketing
- Hadoop and the EDW
- RT @joe_hellerstein: Just heard of another major company using #MADlib. Maybe we should try to make some noise about this thing. http://t… 1 week ago
- Faster SIMD + Faster Vector Processing + More DRAM = Faster #saphana It is good to be on the right technology curve… arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/0… 2 weeks ago
- The Business Impact of In-Memory Computing, From Run to Transform - timoelliott.com/blog/2013/04/t… via @timoelliott 1 month ago
- I made some careful edits to my Database Fog Blog post on MPP... please have a look at the changes here: wp.me/p1a7GL-ft 1 month ago
- One of my predictions came true! #Teradata dropped Bynet. See robklopp.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/co-… from January 2011... Now for #Netezza... 1 month ago
Amazon Analytics Apache Hadoop Big Data Business intelligence Central processing unit Cloud computing Column-oriented DBMS Database Database management system Databases Data mining Data Warehouse Data Warehousing EDW Exadata Exalytics Extract transform load Five-minute rule Greenplum Greenplum Database Hadoop HANA Hardware IBM IMDB In-memory database Intel Multi-core processor Netezza OLTP Online transaction processing Open source Oracle Oracle Corporation Oracle Exadata Paraccel Parallel computing SAP SAP AG scalable parallel computing Shared nothing architecture SQL Teradata TimesTen